Friday, July 3, 2009

Words of Love/Pain


Just a little something I found on Le Love blog that gave me goosebumps.

"We are just friends. Several times now, I have fallen asleep intertwined with you. Cheek to cheek, even lip to lip just feeling your breath on my skin. We go no further. Today we went for a walk after a summer pour, and I could feel the warm steam rising from the streets. Now tonight, I sleep alone. It's probably healthy because when I'm tangled up with you I can hardly sleep at all. I spend the whole night on fire, quietly smoldering most of the time. Except when you pull me closer and rub your soft scruffle up and down my neck and chest. Or when you grab me by the hip bone and sink your thumbs into my flesh, sending electric chills up and down my body. Or when you pull me into you, sliding your fingers down my spine until they press the small of my back (chills, again). Or when your lips find the back of my neck and you mumble about how good I smell. Those are the times that the smoldering gives way to a blazing flare and all I can do is hope for a nap the next day.

But not tonight. You're there and I'm here. I could never tell you this, but every night your body isn't pressed against mine, I have to pack pillows around myself just to fall asleep. But we are just friends, and I'm sure you sleep fine without me."


*Click on post title for link to Le Love



1 comment:

  1. wow i really love this, it's beautifully written! you've got a lovely blog :)

    http://petiteesthete.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete